We are committed to developing the financial services products and solutions that our clients need in the fields of green, social bonds, sustainable funds and blended finance initiatives, in particular. As well as being a trusted partner to our clients, we want to put our expertise and engagement at the service of the environment and society at large.
In 2020, the unprecedented health, economic and social crisis generated by Covid-19 became a major focus of our positive-impact strategy, with the objective to help alleviate the negative impact of the pandemic on local economies. A selection of BNP Paribas Securities Services’ key solidarity transactions is included below.
Covid-19 response actions:
Since the pandemic began, BNP Paribas Securities Services has provided services for the issuance of a number of social and Covid-19 response bonds, as well as for the creation of several solidarity funds across markets and jurisdictions. These include:
- Providing paying agent services for the issuance and post-issuance of the European Union’s entire debt programme in the form of the largest ever social bond issuance in the world. The choice of BNP Paribas Securities Services is strong recognition of the service quality we provided and highlights our top positioning as an agent in the international debt market.
- Providing depositary banking, global custody and transfer agent services to bpifrance’s Lac 1 fund, which aims to take strategic equity stakes in French companies.
- Providing depositary banking services to Fondo Italiano d’Investimento’s minority growth fund (Fondo Italiano di Minoranze per la Crescita), which aims to support the growth of Italian small and medium-sized companies.
- Providing depositary banking services to MAPFRE’s Compromiso Sanitario Fondo inversión fund, which aims to help Madrid hospitals finance their Covid-19 response.
- Providing depositary services to the social fund launched by Mutuactivos (Mutuafondo Compromiso Social, FI), to support the elderly during the Covid-19 crisis.
Engagement towards communities:
In 2020, we participated in BNP Paribas’ 1MillionHours2Help volunteering programme, which enables employees to contribute part of their working time to organisations campaigning for a greener, more inclusive world. We aim for our staff to contribute at least 60,000 corporate volunteering hours every year to education, inclusion or healthcare projects. Our goal is to reach at least as many beneficiaries as we have employees. Our Securities Services for Education programme, an initiative focused on climate change and education for young people, has so far reached almost 8,000 beneficiaries across 11 countries since its creation.